- Tom ___ coffee. He doesn’t like it.
A isn’t drinking B not drinks C doesn’t drink
- He ___ tennis when he broke his wrist.
A was playing B played C plays D has played
- ‘Were there ___ any letters today?’ ‘No, the postman yet.’
A doesn’t come B wasn’t come C hasn’t come D didn’t come
- You look really hot. ___
A Are you running? B Did you run? C Have you been running?
- ‘How long has Sarah been living in Germany?’ ‘ ___ five years.’
A Since B For C During D While
- When I arrived at the airport, the plane ___ .
A has already left B already left C had already left
- I ___ in the country, but I had to move to the city for my new job.
A used to live B used to living C wasn’t used to living
- I’m feeling tired. I don’t think I ___ tonight.
A go out B ’ll go out C ’m going out
- What do you think you ___ this time next year?
A ’ll be doing B ’re going to do C do D ’re doing
- I ___ be a doctor. I’d hate it.
A couldn’t have B can’t C couldn’t D ’m not able to
- If I were in Susie’s position, I ___ leave and get another job.
A may B might C must
- They ___ worried. There really was no danger.
A needn’t B don’t have to C mustn’t D needn’t have
- You ___ that letter — it’s not addressed to you!
A shouldn’t to read B shouldn’t read D ought not to
- If I see Sam, ___ him to call you.
A I’ll tell B I’d tell C I tell D I told
- If they ___ by car, it would have been a lot quicker.
A had gone B would go C would have gone D have gone
- Jane’s passport ___ while she was on holiday.
A is stolen B was stolen C stole
- ‘Where ___ ?’ ‘I always go to Snips.’
A do you cut your hair B do you have your hair cut C have you cut your hair
- Anne ___ in hospital.
A told that her mum was B said me her mum was C told me her mum was
- Do you know ___ ?
A where John lives B where lives John C where does John live
- ‘Rick’s been to China before, ___ ?’
A didn’t he B hadn’t he C wasn’t he D hasn’t he
- My father doesn’t allow me ___ his car.
A driving B drive C to drive
- ___ phone me again.
A I’d rather you didn’t B I’d prefer you not C I’d rather you don’t
- Bad weather prevented the match ___ going ahead.
A to B from C of
- Helen never travels by plane because she’s ___ .
A afraid from flying B afraid to flying C afraid of flying
- ___ a car, I usually take the bus.
A Not have B Not to have C Not having
- I took ___ really nice photos on holiday.
A few B much C any D some
- Small children often don’t like eating ___ .
A vegetables B the vegetables
- I want to buy ___ .
A some new jeans B a new jean C a new jeans
- ___ is Charlie.
A My dogs name B My dog’s name C My dogs’ name D The name of my dog
- Don’t work in pairs. Everyone has to do the exercise by ___ .
A ourselves B yourself C themselves
- ‘ ___ someone knocking at the door.’ ‘I’ll go and see who it is.’
A There’s B It’s
- I was really nervous and I couldn’t eat ___ all day.
A something B nothing C anything
- Most of the students got a B grade but ___ got an A.
A few B a few C little D plenty
- Ben and Danny are very similar. ___ is good at football but they both love watching it on TV.
A Either of them B Both of them C Neither of them
- The computer ___ I bought wasn’t very expensive.
A who B what C whom D that
- The room ___ the beach was too small.
A overlooked B overlooking
- There’s ___ food in the house. Let’s go out to eat.
A hardly B hardly any C hardly anything
- My new car is ___ my old one.
A more fast that B more fast than C faster than D faster as
- They got lots of presents when they got married and they ___ any ‘thank you’ letters.
A didn’t even send B even sent C not even sent
- ___ school very young, he is very successful.
A In spite of he left B Although leaving C In spite of leaving
- ___ hard, Martha should do very well at university.
A As long as she works B Unless she works C In case she works D Providing she will work
- I woke up several times ___ the night with a bad cough.
A while B during C for
- I think I’ll be able to finish reading this book ___ few hours.
A on a B in a C at the
- It was raining at first, but the sun came out ___ .
A in the end B at the end C by the time D by then
- When we finally arrived ___ , we were exhausted.
A to home B at home C home
- William is very excited ___ starting his new job.
A with B by C for D about
- What happens ___ the hero at the end of the film?
A into B on C to
- We’re really ___ our trip to New York next week.
A looking forward B looking forward to C looking forward at
- I asked the mechanic to ___ how much the repairs will cost.
A work out B get out C try out
- She really ___ when she changed her mind about the job.
A turned me down B put me up C let me down
|3:C||Units 7, 8|
|4:C||Units 9, 10|
|5:B||Units 11, 12|
|7:A||Units 18, 61|
|8:B||Units 19, 21, 22|
|9:A||Units 23, 24|
|10:C||Units 26, 27|
|11:B||Units 29, 30, 31|
|13:B||Units 33, 34|
|16:B||Units 42, 43|
|18:C||Units 47, 48|
|26:D||Units 69, 70|
|35:D||Units 92, 93|
|38:C||Units 105, 106|
|41:A||Units 114, 115|
|45:C||Units 125, 126|
© Cambridge University Press 2006 English Grammar in Use Photocopiable
Регистрироваться необязательно. Поставьте курсор в текстовую область, щелкните по появившемуся полю «Имя», отметьте опцию «Хотел бы написать как гость».